Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Abnormal Breakfast

I recieved a sms from my brother this morning, around 11.15am. It says:' Starbucks 10yr anniversary, get your free coffee. Until 12pm. Quick!'

I hesitate for a while, because last time Secret Recipe celebrated their anniversary by giving away free cakes, but not in Sarawak. So i called my brother and checked with him if Kuching Starbucks offers such promotion. 'Dunno leh...not sure', that's what he said.

Since I haven't had my breakfast, I decided to give it a try. I get changed and drive to the nearest Starbucks, which is 9km away from my house, and that's the one in Kuching International Airport.

I managed to reach airport before 12pm, and I'm so happy when I saw the 10yr anniversary poster because it means i can get a free coffee.

I ordered a free coffee from the staff, and it's a hot brew black coffee, the only choice for free coffee. It's ok for me, because after I added full-cream milk and sugar provided by Starbucks, it basically became a branded Kopi-C.

A coffee without light food cannot considered as a breakfast and I was really hungry. Then I thought of McD, also located in the airport.

I ordered a cheeseburger which cost me RM3.90 (McD in Kuching is more expensive than the one in West Malaysia).

Then I had a Starbucks Kopi-C plus a McD cheeseburger for my breakfast.

Overall the breakfast costs me RM4.90 (including RM1 for parking fee).

I know I'm crazy... for driving so far to get a free branded Kopi-C.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't get my coffee... feel want to sleep in the afternoon.

Michelle said...

walao!so selfish..din forward the msg to others!