Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Digi Campus is here~!


Digi Campus, a prepaid plan specially tailored for university/college students.

Ever since last year, i've already heard about Digi Campus. It was tempting, providing lower rate for voice call and sms compare to Digi normal prepaid plan.

However, it wasn't tempting enough for me, because at that time, it has some sort of zone policy; meaning cheaper voical call and sms can be made only when the user is within the campus zone and all the benefits from Friends&Family will be gone once using the Digi Campus plan.

Then my brother asked me, why don't i sign up for Digi Campus. I told him that Digi never come to my college to promote it, which was kinda sad, because when i first came to Inti-Uc, Hotlink has already provided their user to send sms to same network for 1 sen each within the campus zone.

After around a year, Digi renewed their Digi Campus plan. they canceled the zone policy, and allowing Digi Campus users to call for as low as...FREE!. Users get to call other Digi number for free after they used RM2 on voice call per day.
As for sms, users will only be charged for as low as....FREE! to 11 F&F number.


Ok....that is very tempting for me. Because i was previously using beyond prepaid plan ( i guess only long term Digi prepaid users knows what beyond perpaid is), which was very expensive for making calls. Somemore, Digi finally come to my college to promote it!!!

At first, my friend told me that one must buy a new number to get the Digi Campus plan. I had doubt for what he said and decided to check out Digi web page for more information and found a solid statements that says current Digi prepaid users could switch to Digi Campus.

I don't want to get a new number to either replace my current number or as secondary number because that will be too troublesome for me and i might stop using any of these number within one year time, with more than a hundred fifty ringgit credit left.

Today, i walked pass their booth in my college, and asked one of the promoter about it. He answered me:' Yes you can maintain your current number! Only that you'll have to wait 2 weeks to activate the plan'.

All i did was just filling up the form and wait for 2 weeks, somemore, i even recieved A4 size box of free gift from them after the registration.


There's 2 packets of Nestcafe Instant Coffee, discount vouchers for various stores and an various Digi Campus stickers from the gift box.

I'm still not sure whether my plan will be changed to Digi Campus after two weeks. What i'm trying to say here, is that you can seriously consider Digi Campus if you are still a student studying at college or university. I hope Digi will go to Sarawak's universities and colleges to promote it because Sarawak is one of Digi's main market for prepaid.

Log on to Digi.com.my to get more info. Mind you, i don't get paid for witting all of these. =D

UPDATE:
Within less than a week, my prepaid plan successfully changed to Digi Campus. So it's proven that one can change his/her current phone number's plan to Digi Campus provided the number is under prepaid plan.

No comments: